Links & Events
The tourist Office will also provide you with useful informations (04.42.01.28.31 / 08.92.39.01.03).
Please note that the access to the calanques is submitted to regulations between the 1st of June and the 30th of September and depends on the weather condition (three regulations : full access / access between 6 and 11 am / forbidden access).
For more information, call 08 11 20 13 13 or click here .
- Cruise : a particularly interesting way to go to the Calanques. Departure from the harbour, with the « Bateau Cassiden » company.
- Boat rental : we had a great experience with « JCF boat service »
- « Cap Provence » : this public swimming-pool is nestled in the pine forest in the park core .
- « Parc aventure Cassis Forest » : a tree-top adventure trail with a climbing wall near the City of Cassis and its calanques .
- The beaches : the « grande mer » and the « bestouan » beaches are supervised from 9 am to 7 pm. They meet important requirements so as to ensure the quality of the water (label « Pavillon bleue » ; quality certificate « eaux de baignades »). « L’anse de l’arène » and « l’anse de corton » are not supervised. You can walk to those beaches from the apartment (5 to 10 minutes by foot).
- You’ll have no difficulty finding organized excursions or renting equipments such as paddle, pedal boat, kayak, windsurf, diving, motorboat.
Strolling, walking, discovering...
- A lot of landmarks are withing walking distance from the apartment.
- A small tourist train will take you in for a 40 minutes commented visit of the city. Meeting point in front of the Tourist Office .
- You can rent electric bikes at « Cassis à vélo », next to the Tourist Office.
- Would you enjoy a trip to Marseille, discovering the « vieux port » (old harbour), the Prado beaches and more ? You can reach the city center by train and explore the city with the public transportation. It’s very convenient and trains leave from Cassis to Marseille every 30 minutes or so.
- The Cape Canaille (the highest sea cliff in France) and the tourist routes (from Cassis to La Ciotat) offer an astonishing vista of the Cassis Bay. You can discover this area by car, by bicycle or by foot (around 15 km = 9,5 miles).
- The weekly markets, with more than 40 craftsmen and producers, take place around the Baragnon Place from 8 am to 13 :30 pm every Wenesday and Friday.
- Cassis has 12 vineyards for you to discover . The reputation of Cassis comes from its white wines, known to be amongst the best in Provence. Every year in May the winemakers celebrate the new vintage .
- There are commented visits or excursions about almost everything : the City of Cassis ; fascinating walks to the Calanques ; discovery of the vineyards (with tasting !), walk in the vineyards with an electric bike, etc .
Culture & games
- Movie Theater in the city .
- Museum & exhibitions : The city museum contains archeological, ethnographic and Fine Arts collections. It helds temporary exhibitions. The beautiful vaulted rooms of the City Hall’s main courtyard welcome art pieces of work from locally and internationally known painters and sculptors throughout the year.
- Casino : slot machines ; card games ; electronic roulette-type betting device ; poker and various entertainment shows .